This is a Direct Hire role as Maintenance Superintendent for our client in Plaquemine, LA. You will be eligible to participate in the clients full benefits package. Must have PSM experience!
The basic function of the Maintenance Superintendent is to provide leadership and technical support to facilitate, direct and coordinate the development, performance, definition and improvement of the maintenance department systems. In addition, the maintenance superintendent will help establish a capable, continuously improving and integrated high quality maintenance work force with focus on improving plant equipment integrity and reliability at the lowest sustainable cost.
- Actively participate in safety programs, promote and enforce safety rules and good housekeeping methods.
- Lead the maintenance team to ensure compliance to the daily/weekly maintenance schedule, maintenance & safety KPI’s and area plants requirements.
- Review all scheduled work with team members to ensure all aspects of the work and scope are clearly understood.
- Coach and assist employees in effectively maintaining equipment and deliver hands-on and technical training as required.
- Develop and review work safety plans with the Maintenance Team to assure that all safety issues are addressed and understood so that team members work in a safe and productive manner.
- Actively participate in area plant and departmental safety programs, promote and enforce safety rules and good housekeeping standards.
- Evaluate personnel performance level to provide development opportunity and growth feedback.
- Interface daily with plant operations and Leadership Team to ensure that work priorities reflect equipment criticality and equipment condition.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through open communications, good listening skills and timely problem resolutions.
- Encourage teamwork and cooperation within the team and between other departments. Maintain an environment that encourages employee participation and involvement.
- Continuously evaluate methodologies, work practices, etc., to improve the Maintenance team and equipment reliability.
- Ensure the administration of a sound preventative and predictive maintenance program which reduces unplanned shutdowns and ultimately enhances overall reliability, profitability and product quality.
- Participate in short and long range planning and execution of essential programs, turnarounds and productivity processes.
- Promote efficient cost-effective maintenance by fostering planning and scheduling and an efficient workflow. Update indices and communicate work progress, safety incidents, unusual activities, exceptions, overtime, call-outs, absences, opportunities and any other work stoppage or issue that might arise.
- Experience in a PSM Facility is REQUIRED!
- Minimum of 8+ years in a petrochemical or manufacturing environment with maintenance, and/or operations roles is desired. Prior supervisory experience is a plus. Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills are critical to the position.
- College degree is preferred. Relative experience will be given strong consideration in lieu of formal education.
- Strong leadership abilities coupled with excellent broad based technical skills and good business sense.
- Strong organizational, planning, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential to the position.
- Project management Skills are a plus for this role.
- Credibility and respect across the organization is important.