MAV Personnel is accepting resumes for the role of Warehouse Manager at our client location in the Clear Lake, TX area. This is a contract position. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, and monitoring the receiving, storage, and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating inventory
- Managing storage (storing compactly and safely) and regulate storage space
- Maintaining an equipment structure and level to accomplish the Warehouse and Receiving mission in a safe, effective manner
- Providing appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials
- Monitoring the unloading of all materials into the Receiving Department
- Ensuring materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensuring receiving reports accurately report material received
- Resolving discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports
- Monitoring the flow of paperwork from Receiving to Inventory Control for timely data entry
- Overseeing the movement of material from Receiving to the Warehouse in an efficient, effective, and safe manner
- Overseeing the supplying of materials to Fabrication and stages material for Assembly and Sub-Assembly
- Ensuring materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures
- Overseeing the rotation of inventories within the warehouse
- Monitoring and measuring Receiving and Warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers to Service Parts
- Performing other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of related experience working in warehousing or a similar industry
- Forklift certification and applicable state certification for truck and/or rail operation
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a team player and meet deadlines
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
You will be eligible to participate in the MAV Personnel benefits package applicable to this role.